Please join us for the County’s 1st Environmental Symposium
Date: Saturday, November 12, 2022
Time: 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Location: Carroll Community College, Room K-100
1601 Washington Road, Westminster MD
Meet & Greet!
We are showcasing Carroll County community groups focused on environmental stewardship! (see Exhibitor Flyer) This event is free and open to the public to meet and talk with citizen groups who care about our County and the environment. Come out any time between 9 AM and 12 PM to find out more about these groups and what you can do to promote and implement practices to sustain the county’s natural resources. Show support for local high school students by voting on their recycled art projects!
Recycled Art Contest (Registration deadline was November 4)
The symposium will also feature a recycled art contest, which is open to high school students that live in Carroll County. This artwork will be showcased at the symposium. Attendees will have the opportunity to admire the art and to vote for their favorite!!
Rules & Guidelines for Participants/Entrants (student flyer)
- The contest is open to high school students only.
- Artwork should be made from recycled or reused materials.
- One person per art piece. One art piece per person. There is only one prize per entry.
- Students do not need to be present at the event to enter the Sculpture Contest. However, it is the responsibility of the participant to get his or her entry to and from the event.
- Tables will be provided for student entries. Entrants are responsible to ensure their artwork and display is set up.
- Artwork must be delivered to the event location (Room K-100 at Carroll Community College) between 8:30 AM and 8:45 AM on Saturday, November 12, 2022.
Art Contest Prizes
1st Place: Beats Headphones and winning artwork displayed at Westminster City Hall
2nd Place: 4-pack movie tickets and snack pack (R/C Theater in Westminster)
3rd Place: 2-pack movie tickets and snack pack (R/C Theater in Westminster)
ALL entrants will receive a free T-shirt and a stainless-steel reusable water bottle and will earn 10 service-learning hours for participating. Signed service-learning forms will be provided to each entrant as the artwork is dropped off on the morning of the event.
Maryland Department of the Environment (MDE) Recycled Sculpture Contest
Entrants may also wish to enter their pieces in the Maryland Department of the Environment (MDE) Recycled Sculpture Contest to be held on Friday, November 18, 2022, at Montgomery Park. For more information about MDE’s contest, visit (MDE) Recycled Sculpture Contest
For More Information
Click here to view or download the Event Flyer. Feel free to share and distribute the flyers.
Contact Kelly Martin at email@example.com or 410-386-2566.