Please join us for the County’s 2nd Environmental Symposium
Date: Saturday, October 28, 2023
Time: 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Location: Carroll County Agriculture Center
706 Agricultural Center Drive, Westminster MD
Meet & Greet!
We are showcasing Carroll County community groups focused on environmental stewardship! This event is free and open to the public to meet and talk with citizen groups who care about our County and the environment. Come out any time between 9 AM and 12 PM to find out more about these groups and what you can do to promote and implement practices to sustain the county’s natural resources. Show support for local high school students by voting on their recycled art projects! New this year, the Carroll County Environmental Advisory Council will be celebrating the winners of the Environmental Action Awards during the Symposium.
Recycled Art Contest (Registration deadline October 21)
The symposium will also feature a recycled art contest, which is open to high school students that live in Carroll County. This artwork will be showcased at the symposium. Attendees will have the opportunity to admire the art and to vote for their favorite!! For more information, click here.
To register click here.
Rules & Guidelines for Participants/Entrants
- The contest is open to high school students only.
- Artwork should be made from recycled or reused materials.
- One person per art piece. One art piece per person. There is only one prize per entry.
- Students do not need to be present at the event to enter the Sculpture Contest. However, it is the responsibility of the participant to get his or her entry to and from the event.
- Tables will be provided for student entries. Entrants are responsible to ensure their artwork and display is set up.
- Artwork must be delivered to the event location between 8:30 AM and 8:45 AM on Saturday, October 28, 2023.
Art Contest Prizes
Prizes will be awarded to the top 3 art contestants.
ALL entrants will receive a free T-shirt and additional giveaways as well as earn 10 service-learning hours for participating. Signed service-learning forms will be provided to each entrant as the artwork is dropped off on the morning of the event.
Maryland Department of the Environment (MDE) Recycled Sculpture Contest
Entrants may also wish to enter their pieces in the Maryland Department of the Environment (MDE) Recycled Sculpture Contest to be held on Friday, November 17, 2023. For more information about MDE’s contest, visit (MDE) Recycled Sculpture Contest
For More Information
Look for additional information later this summer.
Contact Kelly Martin at email@example.com or 410-386-2566.