Department of Planning Staff
Director - Lynda Eisenberg, AICP - Ms. Eisenberg directs the overall planning and development program under the guidance of the Carroll County Planning & Zoning Commission and serves as Secretary to the Commission. She is the County's empowered representative for the Baltimore Regional Transportation Board, represents Carroll County on the Heart of the Civil War Heritage Area advisory board and the Maryland Association of Counties Planning Directors Affiliate. Ms. Eisenberg is a 25 year planning professional and serves on the executive board for the Maryland Chapter of the American Planning Association as the Chapter President. She is a certified planner through the American Institute of Certified Planners and has a Master’s Degree in Geography and Environmental Planning from Towson University and a Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Studies with a minor in Economics from University of Maryland, Baltimore County. Recently she completed the University of Maryland’s Academy for Excellence in Local Governance professional development program for county appointed officials and is a 2017 graduate of Leadership Carroll. She brings her passion for planning to her department to serve the people and businesses of Carroll County.
Lynda Eisenberg firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-386-5145.
Planning Manager – Mary Lane - Ms. Lane oversees planning staff in daily activities. She is responsible for Zoning Code revisions and the comprehensive rezoning effort, as well as other legislative efforts. She is also responsible for leading the County's Transportation Master Plan and the County’s projects for the long-range regional transportation plan. Ms. Lane represents Carroll County on the Technical Committee for the Baltimore Regional Transportation Board.
Mary Lane email@example.com or 410-386-2507.
Administrative Assistant - Laura Bavetta - Ms. Bavetta assumes chief responsibility for coordinating the business calendar for the Planning Director; performs numerous administrative assignments delegated by the Director; and coordinates the scheduling of agenda items for the Department with the County Commissioners' Office. This position also serves as the Clerk to the Carroll County Planning & Zoning Commission, preparing and distributing Planning Commission meeting agendas, attending Planning Commission meetings, and preparing related correspondence and minutes.
Laura Bavetta firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-386-2132
Office Associate - Kathy Joy - Ms. Joy provides administrative assistance and support for the Department of Planning. She is responsible for all clerical activities within the Department. Ms. Joy also greets citizens and refers them to the appropriate staff.
Kathy Joy email@example.com or 410-386-5145
Meet the Planning Staff
Comprehensive Planner - Price Wagoner
- Geographic Areas: City of Westminster, Election District 07.
- Planning Processes: Water and Sewer Planning, Triennial Update, Semi-Annual and Special Amendments.
- Lead Planner: Agricultural Preservation and Agricultural Zoning
- Committees and Commissions: Ag/Conservation Zoning Text Work Group
Price Wagoner firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-386-2064.
Comprehensive Planner – Clare Stewart
- Geographic Areas: Town of Sykesville, Election District 4.
- Planning Processes: Patapsco Regional Greenway, Rural Villages Assessment, Safe Routes to Schools, Transportation Master Plan
- Lead Planner: Bicycle and Pedestrian Planning; Sustainable Communities
- Committees and Commissions: Regional Bicycle-Pedestrian Advisory Group for the Baltimore Regional Transportation Board; Finksburg Planning and Citizens’ Council; Mason Dixon Task Force.
Clare Stewart email@example.com or 410-386-2258
Comprehensive Planner – Hannah Weber
- Geographic Areas: Town of Mount Airy, Election Districts 9 and 13.
- Planning Processes: Annexations, Piecemeal Rezonings, Historic Preservation and National Environmental Policy Act (106) reviews for the Department.
- Planner: Comprehensive Rezoning effort.
- Committees and Commissions:Historic Preservation Commission Secretary
Hannah Weber firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-386-2139
Comprehensive Planner - Andrew Gray
- Geographic Areas: Town of Hampstead, Town of Manchester, Town of Union Bridge and Election Districts 3, 8, 10 and 12.
- Planning Processes: Existing Land Use Update, Economic Development and Land Use Study, Zoning Administrator Reviews and Agricultural Preservation Program Reviews
- Planner: Economic Development Issues, Board of Zoning Appeals Reviews
- Committees and Commissions: Hampstead Main Street Committee, Connected and Autonomous Vehicles working group for the Baltimore Metropolitan Council
Andrew Gray email@example.com or 410-386-2141
Comprehensive Planner – Tiffany Fossett
- Geographic Areas: City of Taneytown, Finksburg Planning and Citizens Council, Freedom District Citizen Association, Election Districts 1,2 3, 5 and 14.
- Planning Processes: Annual Planning Report
- Planner: Housing Issues
- Committees and Commissions: Circle of Caring, Baltimore Metropolitan Council Housing Committee, Transit Advisory Council
Tiffany Fossett firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-386-2137
Planning /GIS Technician – Kathleen Comber
- Responsibilities: This position prepares maps and GIS data for various planning projects.
- Planning Projects: Annual Planning Report, Triennial Update, Water and Sewer GIS Analyses
- Planning Processes: Demographic Data, Monthly Demographic Reports, 30 Year Demographic Forecasts
- Committees and Commissions: Cooperative Forecasting Group for the Baltimore Regional Transportation Board
Kathleen Comber email@example.com or 410-386-2023
Planners' Geographic Areas of Responsibility