Recreation Council Youth Sports Information
COVID-19 & Recreation Council Youth Sports Information
- To the extent possible, individuals engaged in the sport shall wear a face covering. Face coverings are not recommended when outside on very hot days due to the risk of heat injury. (ex. When the heat index is 90 degrees or higher.)
- Face coverings shall be worn by all coaches at all times as well as players walking to/from athletic fields and while on sidelines.
- Face coverings shall be worn by all spectators which remain limited to family only during youth sports
- In light of the CDC’s classification of tackle football, basketball and wrestling as high risk activities, CC Recreation & Parks will not be sponsoring or permitting competition in these recreation council youth sports until further notice. Skills & drills or conditioning only versions of these activities (with no competition) will be permitted. Flag football will be allowed as an alternative to tackle football.
- Carroll County Recreation and Parks is actively discouraging play outside of Carroll County and restricting travel of recreation council sponsored youth sports programs to a 30 mile radius from their home community.
- All recreation council youth sports teams must provide a complete roster including team name, players, coaches, and contact info to CC Recreation & Parks to support effective contact tracing efforts should they become necessary.
- Additional actions such as spreading out game and practice schedules to result in less simultaneous usage of sites by large groups of people is highly recommended where possible.