Return To Play
- All department and recreation council youth sports gatherings and events may resume sporting and other customary operations as of 5pm on June 12, 2020 for outdoor activities and 5pm on June 19, 2020 for indoor activities. Parents and family may spectate at youth sports gatherings with appropriate social distancing.
- All department and recreation council adult amateur and recreational sports and events may resume sporting and other customary operations but may not open to spectators or the general public as of 5pm on June 12, 2020 for outdoor activities, and 5pm on June 19, 2020 for indoor activities
Recreation & Parks Removes Restrictions with Safety Guidelines
Westminster, MD, Wednesday, September 2, 2020 – As a result of Governor Hogan’s recent announcement that Maryland will enter Stage 3 of the Road to Recovery, and after consultation with Carroll County Health Officer Ed Singer, effective at 5 pm on Friday, September 4, 2020, Carroll County Recreation & Parks will:
- remove restrictions that prohibited competition and full contact in high-risk activities such as tackle football, wrestling, and basketball
- eliminate its current 30-mile travel limit for activities, but continues to encourage restraint with regards to program travel for leagues and tournaments
- continue to emphasize adherence to best practices for youth sports including regular wellness checks, social distancing, and regular disinfecting of equipment
Also, state orders regarding spectators and face coverings remain in effect. This action is consistent with the Carroll County Commissioners’ adherence to following the Governor’s Executive Orders.
The department would like to recognize the efforts of all programs that already implemented their return to play safety procedures that help to reduce risk for the community as children return to play. We would also like to recognize and thank our great volunteers who accepted these challenges, met them head-on and continue to serve for the benefit of our youth.