Carroll County Department of Recreation & Parks Updates Outdoor Program Status
Westminster, MD, Friday, June 5, 2020 – Effective June 5, at 5 p.m. Carroll County Recreation & Parks sponsored outdoor activities and recreation council outdoor youth sports programs may now operate in accordance with guidelines for limited outdoor youth sports and programs in Carroll County, approved by the Carroll County Health Department. This action rescinds the previous cancellation of all department and recreation council programs through June 30, 2020.
Conditions for program operation include the following:
- Maximum group size remains 10 per site in accordance with the Governor’s direction. This number includes any combination of instructors, coaches and players.
- Activities should be limited to skill development, instruction and activities that avoid contact.
- Previously approved permits for recreation councils only will be honored at this time.
- Coaches and recreation council Presidents must confirm that program operation will be in accordance with approved conditions and recommended guidelines below.
Additional guidance from the governor's office and the CDC, can be found at the links below.
If State of Maryland guidelines are stricter than those of the CDC, the Maryland guidelines shall take precedent, per the Maryland State Health Department.
In addition, effective June 7, 2020, Carroll County park pavilions will reopen for usage with a maximum occupancy of 10 people at any given time.
- To reserve pavilions at Piney Run Park, please contact the park directly at 410-795-5165 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- All other County park pavilions may be reserved by contacting the Department at 410-386-2103 or email@example.com .
The Carroll County Department of Recreation & Parks will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation through regular updates from the Carroll County Health Department and the Maryland Department of Health. Updates will be shared with the press, as well as posted to department websites and social media outlets. For more information, please visit ccrecpark.org, call 410-386-2103 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .