Carroll Transit System Changes Effective March 20th
Westminster, MD, Thursday, March 19, 2020 - Carroll Transit System (CTS), operated by Ride With Us is, in conjunction with Carroll County Government, closely monitoring any and all coronavirus (COVID-19) developments and is making operational changes effective Friday, March 20, 2020.
CTS is currently taking the following precautions:
- Effective TOMORROW Friday, March 20th, TrailBlazers will cease operation and only Demand Response will be available. Beginning tomorrow, the only rides permitted are for critical medical appointments and emergency services personnel.
- Personnel includes: Hospital or Medical Workers, employment at grocery stores & pharmacies, (Giant, Wal-Mart, Target, etc.) and suppliers of pharmacy, food and critical needs.
- Each evening, the fleet will be disinfected. During the day, drivers will continue to use disinfecting wipes on handrails and seats whenever the bus is without passengers.
- The fleet will be deep cleaned every weekend.
- Drivers will limit contact with passengers to the extent possible.
- Drivers will no longer enter facilities to pick up passengers.
- Drivers will request passengers be seated at least one row apart from each other. Each vehicle has a capacity of 14; 12 ambulatory and 2 wheelchairs. At this time each vehicle will run at 50% max capacity to allow distance while on board.
Should services need to be adjusted further, notices will be posted on our website and on all buses. Passengers are encouraged to call dispatch to confirm a ride at (410) 386-5550.
CTS also implemented precautions at our facility and will continue following the county’s building restriction policy, which currently is by appointment only. Staff is encouraged to stay home if not feeling well and anyone with symptoms of COVID-19 will be prohibited to work.
CTS would like to remind all our clients to wash your hands, cover your cough and sneeze, and if you are feeling sick, please stay home to help prevent the spread of the virus. We ask that if a passenger answers yes to any of the following questions, that they do not use this service:
- Are you or others you have had close contact with, suspected of having COVID-19?
- Have you recently traveled to or from another country?
- Do you have COVID-19 symptoms: Fever, Cough or Shortness of Breath?
If you have any symptoms and need to get to a hospital, you should call your doctor first and utilize a private service or a relative to get to the hospital.
PLEASE CONTINUE TO MONITOR THE CTS WEBSITE FOR UPDATES AS CTS WILL PROVIDE AS MUCH NOTICE AS POSSIBLE IF SERVICES CHANGE. PLEASE CALL IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS.
(410) 386-5550 | www.CarrollTransitSystem.com