Guidelines for online applications for Proclamations and Certificates of Appreciation and Achievement
The Board of Carroll County Commissioners welcomes the opportunity to recognize exceptional individuals, groups and events in Carroll County, Maryland. Ceremonial documents, such as; Proclamations, Certificates of Appreciation and Certificates of Achievement are issued to honor, celebrate or create awareness of an event, milestone, achievement or an individual of interest to the broader community.
- Ceremonial document requests must be submitted at least three weeks before the in-hand date requested by the applicant.
- Individual recipients of ceremonial documents must live in, or have lived in, Carroll County or contribute to the County in a significant way.
- Businesses and organizations must contribute to, or operate in, Carroll County.
- Issuance does not indicate or imply a policy endorsement of the Board of Carroll County Commissioners.
- At its discretion, the Board of County Commissioners reserves the right to approve or decline any request and edit any material for final wording.
Certificates recognize a specific achievement or milestone such as a birthday over 80 years of age, retirement, wedding anniversaries 50 years or more, a significant contribution to the community or similar achievement.
The intention of the proclamation is to honor a day, week or month in awareness of a cause, issue or occasion and sometimes an individual or group (i.e. Boy Scout Eagle or Girl Scout Gold Award.)
Ceremonial documents will not be issued for:
- Individuals, events or organizations with no direct relationship to or with Carroll County.
- Fundraising campaigns (other than charitable organizations).
- Sensitive matters of a political, ideological or religious nature.
- Campaigns or events contrary to county policies.