County Services

County Services

County Services

Carroll County government offers a wide array of services for its citizens and visitors.    

Activities and Outdoors Animals & Pets Business & Development


"How do I obtain permit history information for a particular property? "
  • Permit data in the PORTAL from 2019 to date will include ALL documents related to the permit file. No PIA’s for this data will be accepted or processed since the information is accessible through the PORTAL. When using the portal simply enter the house # and street name for information.
  • Permit data in the PORTAL from 1988 to 2018 will include basic permit information such as permit number, address, and work description. Should the supporting documents related to these permits be needed a PIA request can be submitted here.
  • Any Permits prior to 1988 will require a PIA request by clicking here.
  • You may want to start by visiting the state assessment website, this will assist you in determining when the primary structure was constructed to help you better determine the timeframe for the information you are seeking.
"How Do I Obtain a Copy of County Excess Funds?"

To request a copy of the county’s Tax Sale Surplus (Excess Funds) List, please email with the request and the correct email address to send the file. Please check our list at

"I have a question or want to change information on my water or sewer account, what do I do? "

Please contact the Accounting department billing office at 410-386-2000. 

"Who do I contact for information or changes to a property tax bill?"

Please contact the Carroll County Tax Office at or 410-386-2971

"I want to change or add/delete information on a deed, who do I contact? "

This information is handled through Carroll County Land Records through the Clerk of the Court. Below is the website and some information:
WESTMINSTER, MD 21157-5155
PHONE: 410-386-8710 and  410-386-8760

"Does the county have blueprints and drawings of my property?"

No, the county does not keep copies of blueprints after projects are complete. 

"How do I dispose excess latex paint?"

Step 1: Combine With Cat Litter

Add equal parts of cat litter to the latex paint in the can. If you have more than half a can, you can also pour the paint into a lined box or trash can Then pour in the cat litter.

Step 2: Allow the Mixture to Set

Stir the cat litter into the paint until it thickens and won't spill. Allow the mixture to sit for one hour.

Step 3: Throw It in the Garbage

Throw the dried paint in the can in the garbage. Be sure to remove the lid from the can.