Senior Care Program
The Senior Care System provides case management and funds for services for people 65 or older who may be at risk of nursing home placement. Senior Care allows seniors to live with dignity and in the comfort of their own homes and at a lower cost than nursing facility care. Senior Care provides a comprehensive assessment of an individual's needs, a case manager to secure and coordinate services, and a pool of gap filling Senior Care funds to purchase services for individuals who meet program eligibility requirements.
General eligibility requirements include: (Final eligibility for Senior Care Program is determined at county level)
- 2021 Income & Assets Information
- 1 person -$3,121 gross monthly income / $11,000 assets
- 2 people -$4,081 gross monthly income/ $1400 assets
- Must be at least 65 years of age.
- Must be at risk for nursing home placement or moderately disabled. Typically, participants require assistance with 1 of 3 activities of daily living.
- Must be Maryland resident.
Benefits and Services
The Senior Care Program provides a variety of services and supports. The exact services are determined on a case-by-case basis and can include any of the following:
- Adult Day Care
- Care Coordination
- Chore Services
- Home Delivered Meals
- Medical/ Nutritional Services
- Personal Care, such as assistance with Activities of daily Living, like mobility, dressing, transferring, eating, etc.
- Respite Care
- Transportation Assistance
Carroll County Bureau of Aging & Disabilities
125 Stoner Avenue, Westminster, MD 21157
410-386-3800; Maryland Relay Service 711/800-735-2258