Carroll County to Recognize World Elder Abuse Awareness Day with Events Scheduled June 12th, 13th & 14th
Westminster, MD, Tuesday, May 23, 2023 - The Carroll County Bureau of Aging & Disabilities (BOAD), in recognition of World Elder Abuse Awareness Day (WEAAD), will hold three events to educate, empower, and protect older adults from financial exploitation, abuse, or neglect. The Carroll County Bureau of Aging & Disabilities together with the Carroll County Department of Social Services and Carroll County State’s Attorney’s Office, are partnering for a special series of events in celebration of World Elder Abuse Awareness Day.
Monday, June 12th, 2023
10:00am - 12:00pm - Carroll Vista- 1 Clubside Dr, Taneytown MD 21787
Tuesday, June 13th, 2023
10:00am - 12:00pm - Mt. Airy Senior Center- 703 Ridge Avenue, Mt. Airy MD 21771
Wednesday, June 14th, 2023
10:00am - 12:00pm - South Carroll Senior Center- 5928 Mineral Hill Rd, Sykesville MD 21784
Attendees will hear from expert panelists about:
- How to protect against fraud and scams targeted at older adults
- Tips on how to use wills and estate planning to protect assets
- The role of Adult Protective Services (APS) in protecting vulnerable adults
- Caregiver support tools and programs
- Long-term care ombudsman advocacy for nursing home and assisted living residents
- Where and how to report suspected elder abuse
A catered lunch will be provided by Mountain Gate Family Restaurant. Registration is required with a registration deadline of Monday, June 5, 2023.