Agricultural Land Preservation Programs Available in Carroll County
The Carroll County Agricultural Land Preservation Program currently administers four land preservation programs.
• Maryland Agricultural Land Preservation Foundation (MALPF) Program
• Carroll County Easement Purchase Program
• Rural Legacy Program
• Critical Farms Program (MALPF)
The Program also accepts easements donated or otherwise granted to prevent future non-agricultural development. Examples include:
• Easements donated to conservation organizations such as Maryland Environmental Trust or Carroll County Land Trust, often co-held by the County
• Conservation Easement resulting from community solar development
• Easement donated directly to the County
Applications are accepted year-round. Eligibility is first verified, and the applications are then prepared for review by the Agricultural Land Preservation Advisory Board and the County Commissioners.
An application may be submitted at any time, but it may be held until a new cycle. Applications for properties within a Rural Legacy Area can be considered immediately if grant funding is available.
Click on the link to the brochure below to view or download a summary of the programs.
For more information, contact the Ag Pres Program staff at 410-386-2214 or CarrollAgPres@CarrollCountyMD.gov.
• Application for Easement Purchase
• Website: Carroll Soil Conservation District
• Document: Tax Benefits for Donating a Conservation Easement on Your Property, Carroll County Land Trust, July 16, 2018