Department of Planning Staff
Planning Manager – Mary Lane - Ms. Lane oversees planning staff in daily activities. She is responsible for Zoning Code revisions and the comprehensive rezoning effort, as well as other legislative efforts. She is also responsible for leading the County's Transportation Master Plan and the County’s projects for the long-range regional transportation plan. Ms. Lane represents Carroll County on the Baltimore Regional Transportation Board.
Mary Lane email@example.com or 410-386-2507.
Administrative Assistant - Vacant - This position assumes chief responsibility for coordinating the business calendar for the Planning Director; performs numerous administrative assignments delegated by the Director; and coordinates the scheduling of agenda items for the Department with the County Commissioners' Office. This position also serves as the Clerk to the Carroll County Planning & Zoning Commission, preparing and distributing Planning Commission meeting agendas, attending Planning Commission meetings, and preparing related correspondence and minutes.
Office Associate - Robin Crouse - Provides administrative assistance and support for the Department of Planning. Is responsible for all clerical activities within the Department and greets citizens and refers them to the appropriate staff.
Robin Crouse firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-386-5145
Meet the Planning Staff
Comprehensive Planner - Price Wagoner
- Geographic Areas: City of Westminster, Election District 07.
- Planning Processes: Water and Sewer Planning, Triennial Update, Semi-Annual and Special Amendments.
- Lead Planner: Agricultural Preservation and Agricultural Zoning
- Committees and Commissions: Ag/Conservation Zoning Text Work Group
Price Wagoner email@example.com or 410-386-2064.
Comprehensive Planner – Clare Stewart
- Geographic Areas: Town of Sykesville, Election District 4.
- Planning Processes: Patapsco Regional Greenway, Rural Villages Assessment, Safe Routes to Schools, Transportation Master Plan
- Lead Planner: Bicycle and Pedestrian Planning; Sustainable Communities
- Committees and Commissions: Regional Bicycle-Pedestrian Advisory Group for the Baltimore Regional Transportation Board; Finksburg Planning and Citizens’ Council; Mason Dixon Task Force.
Clare Stewart firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-386-2258
Comprehensive Planner – Hannah Weber
- Geographic Areas: Town of Mount Airy, Election Districts 9 and 13.
- Planning Processes: Annexations, Piecemeal Rezonings, Historic Preservation and National Environmental Policy Act (106) reviews for the Department.
- Planner: Comprehensive Rezoning effort.
- Committees and Commissions:Historic Preservation Commission Secretary
Hannah Weber email@example.com or 410-386-2139
Comprehensive Planner - Andrew Gray, AICP
- Geographic Areas: Town of Hampstead, Town of Manchester, and Election District's 6 and 8.
- Planning Processes: Existing Land Use Update, Economic Development and Land Use Study.
- Planner: Economic Development Issues
- Committees and Commissions: Hampstead Main Street Committee, Connected and Autonomous Vehicles working group for the Baltimore Metropolitan Council
Andrew Gray firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-386-2141
Comprehensive Planner – Tiffany Fossett
- Geographic Areas: City of Taneytown, Finksburg Planning and Citizens Council, Freedom District Citizen Association, Election Districts 1,2 3, 5 and 14.
- Planning Processes: Annual Planning Report
- Planner: Housing Issues
- Committees and Commissions: Circle of Caring, Baltimore Metropolitan Council Housing Committee, Transit Advisory Council
Tiffany Fossett email@example.com or 410-386-2137
Planning /GIS Analyst – Kathleen Comber
- Responsibilities: This position prepares maps and GIS data for various planning projects.
- Planning Projects: Annual Planning Report, Triennial Update, Water and Sewer GIS Analyses
- Planning Processes: Demographic Data, Monthly Demographic Reports, 30 Year Demographic Forecasts
- Committees and Commissions: Cooperative Forecasting Group for the Baltimore Regional Transportation Board
Kathleen Comber firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-386-2023
Planning Technician – Randolph Mitchell
- Geographic Areas: Town of Union Bridge, Town of New Windsor, and Election Districts 10, 11 and 12
- Planning Processes: Zoning Administrator, Board of Zoning Appeals, and Agricultural Preservation Program Reviews
- Planner: GIS assistance
Randolph Mitchell email@example.com or 410-386-2246
Planners' Geographic Areas of Responsibility