Proposed Agricultural Preservation Program Easement Purchases
Current Proposed Preservation Program Easement Purchases-
NOTICE OF INTENT TO PURCHASE
AN AGRICULTURAL LAND PRESERVATION EASEMENT
The Board of County Commissioners of Carroll County, Maryland, announces its intent to purchase Agricultural Land Preservation Easements affecting the following properties through the Maryland Agricultural Land Preservation Foundation matching funds program, which will pay 60 percent of the cost so long as the County pays the remaining 40 percent. Dollar amounts are not yet available however, the County cost-share amount shall not exceed an annually budgeted $1.333 million for the total of 340.788 acres unless further public notice and Commissioner approval is given.
1) 32.385 acres of land, located at 2110 Uniontown Rd., Westminster, Maryland, 21158, from Jeffrey and Christine Bangerd.
2) 51.430 acres of land, located at 1827 Brodbeck Rd., Hampstead, Maryland, 21074, from Richard L. Walsh.
3) 35.337 acres of land, located at 3791 Diehl Rd., Taneytown, Maryland, 21787, from Louis and Joan Guliere.
4) 38.906 acres of land, located at 5140 Grand Valley Rd., Westminster, Maryland, 21158, from Red Properties LLC.
5) 26.580 acres of land, located at 5252 Band Hall Hill Rd., Westminster, Maryland, 21158, from Pine Ridge Farms, Corp.
6) 19.855 acres of land, located at 1544 E. Mayberry Rd., Westminster, Maryland, 21158, from Edward and Agnes Study.
7) 136.295 acres of land, located at 6325 Sharrett Rd., Keymar, Maryland, 21757, from Glenn Reifsnider and C. Georgette Reifsnider.
The County Commissioners will decide whether to purchase these easements at a public meeting which is to be held no sooner than fifteen (15) days from the date this notice appears. Any person wishing to comment on the proposed purchases may do so, either orally or in writing, by contacting the County Commissioners Office, 225 North Center Street, Westminster, Maryland, 21157, and/or may appear at the meeting. Questions should be addressed to Deborah Bowers, Program Manager (email@example.com), Agricultural Land Preservation Program, Department of Land and Resource Management, 410-386-2214 (MD Relay Service 7-1-1/800-735-2258).
THE COUNTY COMMISSIONERS OF CARROLL COUNTY, MARYLAND