The County Commissioners of Carroll County will host public hearings on Thursday, October 3, 2019, at 1:00 pm and 6:00 pm in Room 003 of the County Office Building, 225 North Center Street, Westminster, Maryland, 21157, to receive public comments on proposed amendments to the Carroll County Code of Public Local Laws and Ordinances in Chapters 155, Development and Subdivision of Land, and 158, Zoning. Specifically, the Board is considering the following:
- The modification of certain definitions;
- The deletion of references to the B-NR, B-G, I-R and I-G Districts;
- The addition of references to the C-1, C-2, C-3, I-1, and I-2 Districts;
- The clarification of certain uses in the parking space requirements; and
- The amendment of the Planned Business Center regulations.
- The addition, modification, and deletion of certain definitions;
- The deletion of the B-NR, B-G, I-R and I-G Districts;
- The establishment of the C-1, C-2, C-3, I-1, I-2, and Employment Campus Districts, including Purposes, Principal Uses, Accessory Uses, Regulations, and Bulk Requirements; and
- The establishment of new provisions for Business Parks and Industrial Parks.
Record Open for Ten Days starting October 3, 2019
Notice of Adoption and Ordinance No. 2019-05
Ordinance No. 2019-05 – state-mandated amendments to Chapter 170, Construction Codes
Notice of Adoption Effective Date: January 1, 2020
Notice is hereby given that on Thursday, October 31, 2019, the County Commissioners of Carroll County adopted Ordinance No. 2019-05 after receiving comments at a public hearing held on Thursday, October 17, 2019. Ordinance No. 2019-05 amends Chapter 170, Construction Codes, regarding building, electrical, and plumbing codes affected by the State’s adoption of the Maryland Building Performance Standards COMAR 05.02.07 on January 1, 2019. The County was required to adopt those standards at the local level within twelve months of the State’s adoption. Ordinance No. 2019-05 will take effect January 1, 2020.
The Ordinance is on file with the County Clerk to the County Commissioners and copies are available at the Office of the Clerk, 225 North Center Street, Room 300, Carroll County Office Building, Westminster, Maryland, 21157, during normal business hours Monday through Friday, holidays excepted. The ordinance will also be available on the County website (https://carrollcountymd.gov).
THE COUNTY COMMISSIONERS OF CARROLL COUNTY, MARYLAND