Carroll County, Maryland - Policy Statement
Carroll County prohibits discrimination on the grounds of race, color, sex, age, disability, or national origin (including language), and religion. Carroll County complies with Federal civil rights laws and is committed to providing its programs and services without discrimination in accordance with:
- Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which prohibits discrimination based on race, color, or national origin (including limited English proficiency).
- Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, which prohibits discrimination based on disability.
- Title IX of the Educations Amendments Act of 1972, which prohibits discrimination based on sex in education programs or activities.
- Age Discrimination Act of 1975, which prohibits discrimination based on age.
- S. Department of Homeland Security regulation 6 C.F.R. Part 19, which prohibits discrimination based on religion in social service programs.
Carroll County further assures that every effort will be made to ensure nondiscrimination in all of its programs or activities, including public-facing programs and services. In the event that Carroll County contracts to distribute federal aid funds to another entity, Title VI language will be included in all written agreements and the recipient will be monitored for compliance. Carroll County has designated staff to initiate and monitor compliance activities, review and resolve complaints, prepare required reports and maintain records.
For additional information, visit the U. S. Department Homeland Security Office for Civil Rights and Civil Liberties.