Thank you for your interest in using Carroll County roads for your event. Enclosed are the materials needed to obtain a Road Usage Permit for Special Events for your upcoming event. Please follow the application directions carefully. Special events may include foot races and walks, bicycle races, parades, block parties or any event that will impact traffic flow on County roads. Our goal is to provide a safe environment for both the event participants and the traveling public, while minimizing impact and delay. To help you through the process a checklist is included below to assist you. Should you have any questions or need additional information please contact the Bureau of Engineering at or 410-386-2157.