The Bureau of Roads Operations maintains approximately 988 miles of roads of which 923 miles are paved and 65 miles are unpaved. There are also 154 bridges that are County owned and maintained. Routine maintenance performed includes pavement patching and crack sealing, pavement line striping and traffic control signage, storm drain and road cross culvert pipe repair and replacement, drainage outfall and roadside ditch grading, unpaved road grading, roadside tree trimming and tree removal, traffic barrier repair, roadside mowing, and snow plowing. The Bureau responds to emergency situations such as removing downed trees, road closures due to flooding, and vehicle accidents.
The Bureau of Roads Operations is also responsible for the maintenance of all types of road signs as well as highway striping.
- Carroll County Roadway Inventory
- Carroll County Functional Classification
- Adopt a Road in Carroll County
- Best Way to Clear Your Driveway
- Permit information for installing or paving a new or existing driveway
- Current Roads and Utilities Construction Schedule