Department of Recreation & Parks
All county parks are open during regular hours, sunrise to sunset. Trails remain open and are an excellent way to get fresh air and exercise.
Park visitors are reminded to follow directions from both state and federal governments to maintain effective social distancing of at least 6 feet (6') or more at all times.
Carroll County Recreation & Parks’ Administrative Office in the Robert Moton Center is open by appointment only effective June 12, 2020. Those needing to interact with department staff should email email@example.com or call 410-386-2103.
In accordance with the State of Maryland’s Road to Recovery, effective 5pm on June 5, 2020, Governor Hogan has moved Maryland into Stage 2 AND previously replaced the Stay-at-Home order with a voluntary Safer-at-Home order.
Please check back and follow us on Facebook to learn about more updates as they are announced.
Recreation & Parks has reopened the following...
- Piney Run Nature Center - open Friday-Sunday only
- Bear Branch Nature Center - open Friday-Sunday only
- Recreational Fishing & Boating - open
- Bennett Cerf Dog Park & South Carroll Dog Park - open; special rules of usage:
- All members inside the dog park should practice social distancing, staying at least 6’ away from other users and should not visit if they are sick or were recently exposed to COVID-19, consistent with CDC guidelines.
- People outside the fenced area waiting to use the dog park should practice good social distancing, staying at least 6’ away from others.
- Signage will be placed at both parks providing details of the revised rules.
- Hap Baker Firearms Facility - open; special rules of usage:
- All users will be required to bring and wear masks in addition to the normal ear & eye protection and must practice social distancing during their usage.
- Playgrounds - open
- Piney Run Boat House - open 7 days a week until Labor Day
- Pavilion Rentals - open
- All department and recreation council youth sports gatherings and events may resume sporting and other customary operations as of 5pm on June 12, 2020 for outdoor activities and 5pm on June 19, 2020 for indoor activities. Parents and family may spectate at youth sports gatherings with appropriate social distancing.
- All department and recreation council adult amateur and recreational sports and events may resume sporting and other customary operations but may not open to spectators or the general public as of 5pm on June 12, 2020 for outdoor activities, and 5pm on June 19, 2020 for indoor activities.
Recreation & Parks facilities closed until further notice...
- Cabin Rentals at Hashawha
- Carroll County Senior & Community Centers
2020 TEENS ON THE GO, 2020 PINEY RUN & BEAR BRANCH SUMMER NATURE CAMPS HAVE BEEN CANCELLED.
FULL REFUNDS WILL BE PROCESSED FOR ALL PROGRAMS AND RESERVATIONS CANCELLED DUE TO COVID-19.
Questions we've received...
Visit the FAQ page for questions we've received and answers.
Carroll County Park Legacy Fund
Piney Run Park
Connecting people, parks and programs in support of a strong, healthy community and natural environment.
Welcome to the Carroll County Department of Recreation & Parks web site. We proudly serve our residents with nearly 30 developed parks and several thousand acres of open space. We are committed to providing quality park facilities and programs for your enjoyment. Whether you choose to walk on one of our trails, participate in a class, play a sport, enjoy the arts, learn about and appreciate nature or enjoy a community event – there is truly something for everyone.
We are dedicated to improving the quality of life in our growing community by protecting beautiful public places and providing quality recreation programs. We continue to take pride in our accomplishments and welcome your ideas and suggestions to help us serve you better. We are proud to be a part of making Carroll County, Maryland a great place to live, to work and to play.
Jeff R. Degitz, Director
COVID "19" Biggest Loser ChallengeJuly1Virtual Program | 05:00 PM - 07:00 PM
Raffle for the RollJuly13Virtual Raffle | 08:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Family Yoga in the ParkAugust5Landon C. Burns Park | 07:00 PM - 07:45 PM
Rise & Shine Yoga at Sandymount ParkAugust5Sandymount Park | 06:15AM - 07:00AM
Late Night FishingAugust7Piney Run Park | 06:00 PM - 12:00 AM
REC'n it in the Park: Acrylic Paint FunAugust7Krimgold Park | 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM