How to File a Compliment, Complaint, or Suggestion
If you would like to recognize a driver or other member of our staff for excellent service, to file a complaint, or to make a suggestion for how we can provide you with better service, please write to:
Carroll Transit System
1300 Old Meadow Branch Road
Westminster, MD 21158
Or Call (410) 386-5550
Fair Practice Policy
Carroll Transit System Operated by Ride With Us is committed to ensuring that no person is excluded from participation in or denied the benefits of its transit services on the basis of race, color or national origin as protected by Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
Defining Title VI
Title VI provides as follows: “no person in the United States shall, on the grounds of race, color, or national origin, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of or be subjected to discrimination under a program or activity receiving federal financial assistance.” [42 U.S.C. 2000d]. In addition to prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color or national origin, Title VI requires Carroll Transit System Operated by Ride With Us to consider the effects its programs and activities may have upon minority and low-income communities.
Discrimination Prohibited by Title VI
There are many forms of illegal discrimination based on race, color or national origin that access to services and programs. Among other things, in operating a federally-assisted program Carroll Transit System Operated by Ride With Us cannot on the basis of race, color or national origin, either directly or indirectly:
- Deny program services, aids or benefits
- Provide a different service, aid or benefit or provide them in a manner differently than they are provided to others
- Segregate or separately treat individuals in any matter related to the receipt of any services, aid, or benefit
- In accordance with the requirements of Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 ("ADA"), Carroll County will not discriminate against individuals on the basis of disability in its services, programs, or activities.
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) was signed into law on July 26, 1990, to provide persons with disabilities civil rights protections ensuring accessibility to services, programs, and activities to enable participation in all aspects of community life. The ADA prohibits discrimination and ensures equal opportunity for persons with disabilities in employment, state and local government services, public accommodations, commercial facilities, and transportation.
- Complaint Form: https://form.jotform.com/222995332235054
- How to File a Complaint: https://www.carrollcountymd.gov/policies-forms/carroll-county-maryland-americans-with-disabilities-act/