Carroll Transit System (CTS) is Carroll’s countywide public transit program. CTS provides two types of public transit:
- TrailBlazer deviated-fixed routes
- The four deviated-fixed routes* operate on a set schedule to connect Westminster, Taneytown, Eldersburg and South Carroll without an appointment.
- These routes can deviate within a 3/4 mile corridor for passengers with at least one (1) business day notice and an additional $1.00 fee.
- “Anyone Can Ride” shared-ride, door-to-door paratransit service
- Scheduling requests must be made at least one (1) business day before your appointment time and is solely based on availability.
All fares must be paid at the time of boarding the vehicle and the exact fare is required. Drivers are unable to issue change. Fares may be paid by cash or Carroll Transit System tickets.
To learn more about purchasing Carroll Transit System tickets, please call 410-386-5550 or email: email@example.com
TrailBlazer Route Service
Carroll Transit System, operated by Ride With Us, offers six TrailBlazer deviated fixed routes*. The TrailBlazers generally operate Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM. Additionally, the Westminster TrailBlazer routes run Saturdays from 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM (check individual routes for actual times).
Fares for TrailBlazer routes are as follows:
- $2.00 per person for each TrailBlazer ride.
- $1.00 for older adults (60+ years of age), individuals with a verified disability and Medicare cardholders. The application for the reduced TrailBlazer fare is available by clicking here . To obtain an application by mail, please call 410-363-0622.
- $1.00 additional fee for requested deviations
You do not need to schedule a ride or register for the TrailBlazer Route Service. Simply arrive at the stop most convenient for you at the scheduled pick-up times, which can be found on the schedules below:
- Westminster TrailBlazer schedule (Purple)
- Westminster TrailBlazer schedule (Black)
- Taneytown - Westminster TrailBlazer schedule
- South Carroll TrailBlazer schedule
- Eldersburg - Westminster TrailBlazer schedule
- Hampstead/Manchester TrailBlazer schedule
*Deviated Routes. A deviation may be requested within 3/4 mile of a route for either a pick up or drop off. Please call
410-386-5550 between 7:00am and 5:00pm at least one (1) business day in advance of your requested deviation.
There is a $1.00 additional charge for this service.
Demand Response Service
Carroll Transit System, operated by Ride With Us, offers a door to door service, called Demand Response Service . The pick-up and drop-off locations must be within Carroll County. Reservations for Dialysis, Radiation, Day Programs and employment may be scheduled for up to six (6) weeks in advance. Reservations for routine Doctors’ appointments and education may be scheduled up to four (4) weeks in advance. Other trips or appointments can be scheduled two (2) weeks in advance. To schedule your trip, it is recommended that you make your appointment as soon as possible. Trips may be scheduled one (1) business day in advance of the time requested; however availability is limited and space/time may not be available.
To make a reservation for Demand Response Service, please call 410-363-0622 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Riders must be registered with Carroll Transit System to schedule a Demand Response ride. Fares for Demand Response Service are calculated by zone-based ride distance and are as follows:
$4.00 for 0-5 mile zone | $6.00 for 6-10 mile zone | $7.00 for 11-15 mile zone
$8.00 for 16-20 mile zone | $9.00 for 21-25 mile zone
Carroll Transit System College Bus Pass
- Option 1: The TrailBlazer College Bus Pass is $80.00 per semester, per student, and provides unlimited rides using the TrailBlazer Route Service. Please refer to the TrailBlazer Route Service information for routes, designated stops, and pick-up/drop-off times.
- Option 2: Students residing outside of the TrailBlazer Route Service area may utilize Demand Response Service . The rates for this service are as follows:
- Zones 1 & 2 are $150.00 per semester
- Zones 3 & 4 are $175.00 per semester
- Zone 5 is $200.00 per semester
College Bus Passes can be purchased at the Carroll Transit System office located at 1300 Old Meadow Branch Road, Westminster, MD 21158. For questions, please call 410-386-5550 or email email@example.com.
Click here to download the College Bus Pass application .