16th Annual Seniors on the Go An Aging & Disabilities Expo on September 13th
Westminster, Md, Wednesday, September 6, 2023 - Carroll County Commissioners invite citizens to attend the 16th Annual Seniors on the Go – An Aging and Disabilities Expo, taking place on Wednesday, September 13th from 9am to 2pm in the Shipley Arena of the Carroll County Ag Center.
This expo is a wonderful, fun way for older adults, people with disabilities, Veterans, and their caregivers to discover what is available in their communities. Everyone will find something interesting to do as activities include various screenings and assessments for healthy living, community programs and fitness demonstrations, three informational seminars, and an assortment of businesses and agencies. Lunch is available for purchase from 11:00-1:00, on a first come, first served basis.
Free health screenings will feature assessments of balance, flexibility, endurance, functionality, blood pressure, bone density, and grip strength. Information on advanced directives, stroke awareness, medication management, oral cancer, and health and chronic diseases such as cancer and diabetes will also be available. The Sheriff’s Office will be on-site to collect unused and expired medications. The Image Center, a nonprofit organization, is partnering with local volunteer medical engineers to provide free walker, cane, and wheelchair repairs.
- Carroll County State’s Attorney’s Office: “Scams & Social Media: What Every Senior Should Know to Prevent Becoming a Victim of Scams”
- Carroll County Register of Wills & Orphans’ Court: “Financial Planning Discussion”
- Jim Thomas “Sound Healing” through using various instruments, nature sounds and vocals.
- Drums Alive instructed by Kelli Donaghue
- Chair Yoga instructed by Shawn Essed with Carroll Lutheran Village
- Belly Dancing instructed by Candy Renlet with Carroll County Recreation and Parks
- Line Dancing instructed by Danielle Mallonne with Kick Up the Dust
- Cloggers instructed by Lora Strosnider with Carroll County Cloggers
- Seated Zumba Gold instructed by Kelli Donaghue
This free event offers handicap-accessible shuttle buses throughout the day with car-side pick-up and shuttle to the entrance of the expo.
No matter your generation, this expo will connect you with the education and resources you need to age well and help your loved ones do the same.
For more information on this event please contact the Carroll County Bureau of Aging & Disabilities at 410-386-3800.