Emergency Preparedness: Ready Carroll Class Offered in October
Westminster, MD, Tuesday, September 27, 2022 – September is the Carroll County, Maryland and National Preparedness Month. To stress the importance of the topic, the county is releasing important emergency readiness information each week in September. This week’s topic is Ready Carroll. Ready Carroll is a free four-session program, beginning October 12th, provided by public safety and other county partner agencies that will provide Carroll County residents with basic skills needed to prepare for and respond to everyday emergencies as well as community-wide disasters.
- Family and individual emergency preparedness
- Crime prevention and safety
- Fire prevention and safety
- A virtual open house session providing participants with an opportunity to learn more about volunteer opportunities with local emergency and disaster response organizations
Classes will take place virtually through four consecutive weekly sessions beginning October 12th. Dates for sessions two through four are October 19th, October 26th, and November 2nd. All class sessions begin at 6:00 p.m., and there is no cost to participate.
To register, please visit https://attendee.gototraining.com/r/7160453353693727233. The class size is limited to 25 participants.
Several online sources providing good emergency preparedness information include:
- Maryland Department of Emergency Management (MDEM): http://mdem.maryland.gov
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA): http://www.ready.gov
Additional information can also be found on the Carroll County Emergency Management website.